My Blog List

Monday, 4 June 2012

Double-Boil Hashima In Whole Coconut


I just finish drink this desserts.Feel so refreshing and sweet.....I like the taste of coconut water.As i say at last post my presure cooker can double-boil also.So,I using my multifunction pressure cooker to double-boil this desserts.


Here is the recipe :


Ingredients


1 whole coconut - keep the juice,filtered it.
20g Hashima (雪蛤 ) - soak it overnight until it soft. 
12pcs red dates (红枣 ) - remove seeds. 
20gm lotus seed ( 莲子 ) - soak.
50-80gm rock sugar ( 冰糖 )
water


Method


  1. Open a hole on top of coconut,pour out the juice.
  2. Put all the ingredients into coconut shell and pour 1 cup of the coconut juice and water until 80% full.
  3. Cover the coconut with the coconut lid.
  4. Double-boil it for 4 hours.(i using slow cook to double-boil it.If you using the usual way,stew in medium heat.)
  5. Serve it.





I am submitting this post to  Aspiring Bakers #20 :

9 comments:

  1. I want to buy this type of coconut to boil soup leh...... tak tau mana mau cari and how to open like urs, so nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i buy at wet market.the coconut seller (chinese) open for me...i told him i want double-boil..

      Delete
  2. Hi Hody,
    You are so good in making all this Chinese drink/herbal drink like that Almond drink, Kwai Lien Ko and now this. I am really not good in making this but only eat. Really good for you Hody.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi good recipe for the haze! what is Hashima? and where do you buy it? Thanku Mrs Singh, Ipoh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can get it at Chinese medical shop....

      Delete
  4. This drink is just perfect for this kind hot weather,,,somemore with coconut, just simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hody,
    I am new to your blog and am keen to try out this recipe.
    Before I try this recipe, can i know how long do i need to double boil and which fire setting should I set if i use a pressure cooker?
    And this dessert is served warm or chilled?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of pressure cooker you using?my pressure cooker is multifunction,got double-boil function.I think the normal pressure cooker can not double boil.this dessert is serve warm.

      Delete